Neighborhood FAQs


Organizing a Block Party?
Block Parties are recreational street closures for residents to hold an annual event for their neighborhood. Residents may apply to close their stretch of a residential side street between 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Permits are issued by the Department of Transportation.
If this is your first time applying for a Block Party or you have not had one in the past two years, we ask that you circulate a petition among your neighbors demonstrating support for the event.

No Block Party Permits – Through July 15
The Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT), in accordance with CDC recommendations, and City and State guidance, to avoid non-essential gatherings and any gatherings larger than 10 individuals, has issued the following directive:
No Block Party Permits will be issued for dates through July 15, 2020. CDOT will begin accepting Block Party Permit applications on July 1, 2020 for dates after July 15, 2020.
Please note all summer programming and event planning, including block parties, remain under continual discussion and are subject to the evolving epidemic developments. CDOT will continue to work with the Mayor’s office and public health officials to ensure the safety of our residents.

43rd Ward residents application


How to deal with problem bars?
If you are having an issue with a neighborhood bar, you should first speak with the bar owners to convey your concerns, whether it be about noise, trash or traffic. If problems still continue, you should speak with your alderman to determine the next course of action.

Find the WNA Ward Alderman here


Zoning Ordinance Tutorial (coming soon)

Leave a Comment